Monday, February 05, 2007

Worship Yesterday

Yesterday was an amazing morning of worship and message. I was moved emotionally and moved to action. I got to play 4 great songs with a group of incredible musicians; just a wonderful time of worship in song. It was Ryan's last morning with us. He's stepping down for a while to be home more. Too bad, because he's one of my favorite drummers to play with and a wonderful human being whom I will miss immensely. Maybe I'll have to call him up on occasion and go out for coffee or barley pops to continue our always enlightening and enjoyable conversations. As a side note, I really miss getting to play with Skip; can we clone him?

The message was, as usual, deeply moving. I love our Senior Pastor. He's so open and honest and to the point. No monkeying around. When God lays something on his heart he shares it with us, no watering it down at all. I've always appreciated that about him, even when it touched a nerve in me - maybe especially when it touched a nerve in me. I realize more and more, I'm never done growing as a Christian. There are always more messy places that need cleaning. I greatly appreciate that Dave isn't content to just let us sit there and hear a "Waiting for Heaven" speech every Sunday, but spurs us on to self-examination and action. We're here to change the world, so get on with it. Quit sitting and watching. Get in the game.

What God hates! So, what do I hate? How can I do something about it? What do I love? How can I use that to affect that which I hate? More to come...

No comments: